Since its release in 2016, with 2GB RAM and up to 32GB ROM, the Moto G4 has been a low budget, good performance smartphone. The battery of the Moto G4 is a Lithium-ion type which degrades over the years.
A Lithium-ion battery decays over the periods of charge cycles. One charge cycle is a period of use, from when the battery is fully charged, till when it is fully discharged, and then, it is fully recharged again.
As the battery degrades, the device’s performance gets affected. The device starts taking a long time to respond, and applications take a longer time to load. The device starts lagging.
When this happens, buying a new device may seem like the best option, however, buying a good battery replacement is a more affordable option and it still solves the problem.
Buying Guide for Best Moto G4 Battery Replacement
After deciding that you want to get a battery replacement, there are certain things to consider to ensure that not only do you get a good one, but you get the best that is available. The capacity of a good battery replacement should come close to that of the battery designed for the device. Before buying a battery replacement, make sure to consider the following.
Does it have a certification?
Certification ensures that the battery is safe and will not damage your device. A good battery replacement is certified by bodies such as RoHS and CE, which are trusted. This is necessary so that the replacement you get does not damage your device.
How good is the battery’s capacity?
A replacement with a large battery capacity means that you can use your device for longer without needing to recharge the battery. A good battery replacement lasts for about 500 charge cycles.
Does it have a warranty?
A warranty is necessary to cover damages that happened due to an unforeseen outcome. As good battery replacement can be faulty and may not show defects until after some time of use. If it has warranty coverage, you do not have to pay out of your pockets. Keep an eye out for warranty coverage that is 12 months at least.
Best Moto G4 Battery Replacements
1. MAXBEAR 3000mAh GK40 Battery SNN5976A Replacement for Motorola G4 Play XT1607, Motorola Moto E4, XT1767PP(Verizon), XT1766(Sprint/Boost Mobile)
- ⇨[Grade A + Battery ]: The Replacement Battery for Moto G4 Play uses Grade A+ rated...
- ⇨[Ease of use]: Swap out your old Moto G4 Play battery with a brand New MAXBEAR battery...
- ⇨[Compatible Models]:This Battery Compatible with Motorola Moto G4 Play XT1607...
- ⇨[Spare Battery Specs]:This Moto G4 Play Replacement battery has a capacity of 3000mAh....
This battery replacement comes with a capacity of 3000mAh. It is a Lithium-ion type and can last up to 600 charge cycles.
- CE and RoHS certification
- 3000mAh battery capacity
- Compatible with Motorola Moto G4 Play XT1607 (Verizon/U.S. Cellular), Motorola Moto E4 XT1767PP ( Verizon ),XT1766( Sprint/Boost Mobile ), XT1765 MetroPCS ,XT1768 ( U.S. Cellular )
- 12 Month Warranty
2. AMYANT Moto G4 Play Battery, amyant 3000mAh GK40 Battery SNN5976A Replacement for Motorola G4 Play XT1607,Moto E4, XT1767PP(Verizon), XT1766(Sprint/Boost Mobile),XT1765 XT1601 XT1603
- Compatibility Model:Suitable for all Motorola G4 Play XT1607,Moto E4, XT1767PP(Verizon),...
- SPECIFICATIONS: Battery Type: Lithium Ion; Capacity: 3000mAh; Voltage: 3.85V,Grade A+...
- SAFETY PERFORMANCE:With A special chip is to protect your gk40 from over-heating,...
- WARRANTY: 24 month Worry-free Warranty. any question,Please click on “szchuyue”next to...
With a 24 month warranty, this battery replacement has got you covered. It also has a battery capacity of 3000mAh
- 3000mAh battery capacity
- 2-year warranty
- CE and RoHS certified
- Lasts for 500+ charge cycles
How to replace your Moto G4 Battery
Step 1. Opening Procedure
The first step involves using a heated iOpener to heat the glass panels and a pick up remove them. Then use a spudger to separate and remove the display assembly from the rear case. This can be an extremely difficult process. You can refer to your Moto G4 battery replacement guide to better help you in doing so.
Step 2. Removing the Old Battery
With the display assembly removed and the phone open, use tweezers to peel the black tape up from the motherboard EMI shielding. You should apply a little heat to loosen the adhesive. Use your fingers to grab the battery and pull back slowly. Clean the inside areas of the phone with Isopropyl Alcohol wipes available in the replacement kit. Also, DO NOT touch the middle padding of the device.
Step 3. Placing the New Battery
Check for any loose screws. If everything is in order, place the new battery correctly and make sure it is connected. Then put everything back together.
It is quite common to think of getting a new device to use, if your old one has battery performance issues. However, getting a good battery replacement ensures that your old device is back to working like before and it is much more affordable. I hope this review helps you get a good battery replacement for your Moto G4 device.
Last update on 2021-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API