As phones become more sophisticated, their level of durability and ruggedness seem to be decreasing. If you want to protect your Samsung Galaxy from any potential damage, investing in a phone case is pretty much imperative. In this article, we will review some of the best Samsung Galaxy battery cases that are available on the market in 2019.
What to look for when you are buying a Samsung Galaxy battery case
Phone cases are quite simple, and the characteristics that they should have are fairly obvious. The main mistake that you should avoid when picking one is focusing too much on the style of the case rather than its durability and functionality. Below is an overview of the main variables that you should prioritize when you are trying to find the best Samsung Galaxy battery case.
As it is the case with any product, it is always preferable that you opt for a case that is made by an established brand. These companies have a proven track record when it comes to creating reliable units and the quality of their craftsmanship is generally outstanding. Brands such as ZeroLemon, PowerBear, and Elebase are deservedly hailed as some of the most trusted providers of Samsung Galaxy battery cases.
Phone cases come in several types that offer different types of protection. The standard model mainly protects the back of your phone while leaving the screen uncovered. On the other hand, Folio cases cover the entirety of the phone and are often thicker and bulkier. You also have the option of getting a minimalist case that employs shock-absorbing materials without relying on thick layers of protection.
This is the first aspect that you should concern yourself with. Cases have to be durable enough to protect the phone from falls and accidental drops. In order to achieve that, the materials that are used to construct it should be sturdy. The list of premium materials includes reinforced plastic, silicone, polycarbonate, and aluminum among many other options. In some rare cases, you can even find units made from wood.
Phone cases are not what they used to be just a few years ago. Nowadays, users expect them to come with a number of extra features that enhance user experience and add to the phone’s own set of functions. Some of the most common features that are included in the latest cases consist of a powerful battery that extends the life of the phone, a stand, as well as various kinds of mounts that enable you to affix the phone to your car.
Reviews of the best Samsung Galaxy battery cases
1 – ZeroLemon Rugged Battery Case
- HIGH CAPACITY BATTERY CASE- The world's highest capacity Samsung Galaxy S7 Battery case @...
- OPTIMIZED FOR SAMSUNG GALAXY S7: The ZeroLemon battery case prevent your phone and the...
- FULL ACCESSIBILITY- Precise openings for quick and easy access to all features. The...
- TRIPLE PROTECTION & SHOCKPROOF: Soft TPU case to ensure a perfect fit with your S7 and...
This Samsung Galaxy S7 battery case provides a decent amount of protection as well as charging for your phone. It is made from high-quality materials and it is constructed in an efficient way that enables it to withstand impact. Besides its rugged build and overall sturdiness, the charging capabilities that this unit possesses are quite impressive. As a matter of a fact, the case boasts 2.5 times more power than the original battery from Samsung and its capacity is rated at around 7500 mAh. This puts it at the top of the list when it comes to sheer power.
- It is perfectly optimized for the Samsung Galaxy s7
- The case is extremely durable
- The charging capabilities of the ZeroLemon are the best on the market
- It is backed by a good warranty
- It is significantly thicker than the competition
- The case adds a lot of weight to an already heavy phone
2 – PowerBear® Compatible With Samsung Galaxy S7 Battery Case
The second S7 battery case comes from a PowerBear, a company that has a proven track record with regard to crafting durable and high-performing products. Rated at 4500 mAh, this unit is capable of charging your phone in a very fast and effective manner. It is also worth noting that power is not the only thing that characterizes the case’s charging capabilities. In fact, the most noteworthy feature of the PowerBear is the dual function that allows you to charge the phone and the pack at the same time. Furthermore, there are several safety features that safeguard the battery from overheating, overcharging, discharging, and short-circuiting.
- The case provides good value for the money
- It comes with a number of safety features that protect the battery
- It offers dual charging for both the phone and the pack
- It employs grade A+ battery cells
- It is only compatible with micro USB-enabled chargers
- It is relatively bulky
3 – Maxboost Atomic Power 4500mAH Charging Battery
This battery case stands out as one of the top picks in its price range. On top of offering ample protection for your phone, the Maxboost boasts some of the best charging capabilities that we have reviewed. It packs a lot of power for the price and it is so effective to the point of doubling the battery life of your phone. More impressively, this case provides a tremendous amount of power coupled with a host of valuable features without adding too much bulk and weight to your phone.
- The case is slimmer and lighter than any other alternative
- It has the capacity to double the battery life of your Galaxy S8
- It features LED arrays that shows the remaining charge
- The USB-C port enables you to power the phone and sync data at the same time
- The case is not compatible with wireless charging
- The headphone jack is subpar
4 – Elebase Galaxy S8 Battery Case
The protection that this case provides is comprehensive, to say the least. It is made from durable materials and it is highly resistant to all sorts of impact. Moreover, it includes a raised bezel that helps protect the screen from drops and scratches. As for the power, it is rated at a staggering 5,000 mAh, making it the charging case with the highest capacity at the entry-level price point. Some additional features include a USB-C port that facilitates data syncing while the phone is charging and an LED screen that displays the charging status of the battery in different colors.
- It boasts an impressive amount of power
- The case features a raised bezel that protects the screen
- The LED screen displays the charge in various colors
- The USB-C port allows you to sync data without removing the case
- It takes too long to charge the battery
- The case is prone to overheating
5 – Galaxy S9 Battery Charging Case
- Extend 100% + Power to Galaxy S9 -The powerful 4700mAh Li-polymer extended battery case...
- Sync Phone to Computer - File transfer technology supported. Transferring data and file...
- Full Edge Protection - ZeroLemon Slim Power with soft TPU case offers 360° protection to...
- Intelligent Power Indicator - 4 colors indicate you different battery levels and charging...
If you are on a small budget and looking for a great case that is durable and efficient, then this option from ZeroLemon might just be what you are looking for. The value that you are getting with this case is relatively high considering the low asking price. With 4,700 mAh of power and a full edge 360-degree protection, you can expect both decent charging times and ample protection for every single part of your phone. In addition to this, the case features one of the top battery indicators on the market. Besides showing the charge status of the battery, the indicator can also serve as an on-off switch for the case.
- The price is affordable
- The case offers 360-degree protection
- The battery indicator serves as an on-off switch
- You can expect up to 32 of extra talk time out of this charging case
- The ZeroLemon logo is too prominent and looks out of place
- The case is fairly difficult to remove
6 – Elebase Galaxy S9 Battery Case
- ✩ EXTEND BATTERY LIFE ✩ --- The 4700mAh rechargeable battery case delivers more than...
- ✩ USER-FRIENDLY DESIGN ✩ --- Precise fit for Samsung Galaxy S9 preserves the real user...
- ✩ ULTIMATE PROTECTION ✩ --- The battery case features a rigid plastic shell and raised...
- ✩ CHARGE WITH CONFIDENCE ✩ --- Built-in fail-safe circuitry and temperature protection...
This rechargeable battery case is rated at 4,700 mAh and it is extremely effective when it comes to extending the battery life of your S9. It is capable of providing more than 100% of battery capacity on the go and its practical design enables it to sync data without requiring the removal of the unit. Thanks to the rigid plastic shell and raised corners, the case ensures comprehensive protection against drops and falls. Additionally, it offers another type of protection in the form of built-in fail-safe circuitry that prevents overheating and overcharging.
- It is equipped with built-in fail-safe circuitry
- The case’s rigid plastic shell is highly resistant to impact
- It allows for easy data syncing
- It can deliver more than 100% of the battery capacity
- It is too heavy
- Charging is slow
This comprehensive guide details everything that you would need in order to make an informed purchase decision. With that being said, your pick is ultimately predicated on your own preferences and budget. Take the time to read each review carefully and check some user feedback to get a full idea of what to expect from these cases.
Last update on 2021-05-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API