As smartphones become more advanced and feature-rich, the demand for more powerful and durable batteries that can handle heavy applications has never been higher. Unfortunately, the battery is bound to die out at a certain point and finding a replacement becomes imperative. This is especially relevant to people who don’t change their electronic devices every year. If you are in this situation and are not sure what to look for, you have come to the right place. This article will demystify everything you need to know and will help you find the best Samsung phone battery replacement that is available on the market today.
What are the factors that you should consider before picking the best Samsung battery replacement?
Before buying a replacement battery for your Samsung phone, you need to make sure that it comes with a number of essential features that ensure its reliability and longevity. Below is a brief look at the main factors that you should prioritize when you are picking a battery replacement.
This is the first aspect that you should consider every time you are in the market for a new battery. The capacity is represented in mAh, a unit that measures the battery’s output in an hour. The higher the capacity of the battery is, the longer its life will be. Most high-quality replacements have a higher capacity than original Samsung batteries.
Samsung phones come in different versions depending on the carrier. Most battery replacements are only compatible with a few of these versions. To avoid buying a model that is not compatible with your device, check the product description to see if your phone is supported.
This feature has become a staple in most modern smartphones. It is the technology that enables various devices to communicate with each other, which makes transactions between them fast and seamless. However, not all batteries are NFC-enabled. To ensure that you are getting a replacement that is in-line the last technologies, check the specs of the unit before making your purchase.
Most battery replacements have a comparable weight to the original Samsung battery. But this is far from being the case for every single option on the market since some units are unnecessarily heavy. This adds a lot of extra weight to your phone, which makes it more difficult to carry. Before buying a new battery, make sure that its weight is within the same range as the factory model.
The internal microchip
The vast majority of batteries are equipped with internal microchips that regulate power output and adjust the voltage depending on the charge status of the battery. Good microchips are especially effective when it comes to eliminating the effects of overheating, overcharging, and short-circuiting. Check the specs to make sure that your battery’s microchip is equipped with these essential safety features.
There are several entities that certify the quality and safety of phone batteries. Some of the most respected bodies include the CE, RoHS, and CCC. Products that boast these certifications come with the assurance that their output is consistently reliable.
The main risk that is associated with third-party accessories is the fact that you are putting your trust in a different company than the one that made your device. This leaves the door open for a number of potential issues, namely subpar customer support and bad warranties. To avoid all of this, you need to go over some o the reviews that were left by previous customers. This will give you a clear idea about the quality of customer support and the responsiveness of its team.
Frequently asked questions
Is there a way to make the battery replacement more efficient?
There are several measures that you can take if you want to extend the lifespan of your battery beyond what it is advertised by the manufacturer. To achieve this, you will need to reduce the strain on it by lowering the display settings, making use of power saving mode, turning off the internet when you are not using it, and always closing background apps.
Are these batteries made by Samsung?
While Samsung does have its own line of battery replacements, most of the units that you will find on the market are made by third-party manufacturers. In many cases, these replacements come equipped with more feature and are generally more powerful than the original OEM batteries. In addition to this, Samsung often discontinues the production of the batteries a couple years after the release of the phone, so if you are still using an older model, third-party battery replacements are your only option.
Do these batteries come with their own chargers?
Generally speaking, most Samsung phone battery replacements come with a number of extra accessories that include chargers. However, this is not needed if you already own an OEM charger. All Samsung devices can be charged by a universal charger that works with every single Samsung Galaxy phone.
The best Samsung phone battery replacements for the Galaxy S5
1 – CyberTech Galaxy S5 Battery
This great unit from CyberTech meets all the requirements for a great Samsung Galaxy S5 battery replacement. It boasts a very light construction and it is easy to store and carry around. While it is not manufactured by Samsung, it has most of the baseline qualities of the original S5 battery. It is equipped with an internal microchip that detects the charge of the battery and automatically cuts the current off when it is fully recharged. This is extremely beneficial due to the fact that it reduces the effects of overcharging. It also features a USB port that allows you to plug your phone directly onto it. However, the USB cable is not included in the package.
Besides the compact and efficient design, the other aspect that is worth discussing is the power of this battery. It is rated around 2800 mAh, which is in line with what original Samsung batteries have. This unit has all the characteristics and features that you would like to see in a phone battery; it is affordable, powerful, and immaculately engineered. It would constitute a tremendous investment for anyone that is looking for a cheaper alternative to the pricey batteries from Samsung.
- It is extremely affordable and it comes in a comprehensive package that includes the charger
- The battery life that is provided by this unit is very long considering the affordable price
- It is specifically designed to eliminate the effects of overcharging
- It features a USB port for charging the phone
- The compact design of the battery makes it easy to store and replace
- It boasts the same power as the original batteries from Samsung
- The charger does not feel durable
- The light that indicates when the battery is charged is not consistently responsive
The best Samsung phone battery replacements for the Galaxy S6
2 – HDCKU Galaxy S6 Edge Battery Replacement Kit
If you are looking for a decent and affordable battery replacement for your Samsung Galaxy S6, the HDCKY might just be what you need. This great unit boasts 2600mAh power and it is remarkably adept at holding a charge for long periods of time. In fact, some users have reported that it is even more reliable than the original Samsung Battery with regard to retaining charge regardless of how the phone is used. Moreover, this battery is categorized as grade A+ and it is ROHS, CE, and FCC certified.
There are several qualities and amazing characteristics that jump at you when you first examine the HDCKU battery. It is by far the lightest option on the market and its compact dimensions allow it to fit in any S6 phone with relative ease. More importantly, it features a high-end microchip that is wired to prevent overheating and short-circuiting, two issues that plague the vast majority of cheap battery replacements. The overall performance that is offered by this replacement is virtually identical to that of an original Samsung Galaxy S6 battery, with the main difference being the significantly lower asking price also you can consider getting a galaxy s6 battery case instead.
- The battery is to install and comes with clear and comprehensive instructions
- The compact and light design fits easily into any S6 device
- The battery life of this replacement is fairly decent for such an affordable option
- The unit is equipped with a microchip that helps prevent overheating and short-circuiting
- Its quality is certified by a number of renowned entities such as the FCC and ROHS
- The repair tools that come with the battery are relatively subpar
- The design of the battery is somewhat underwhelming compared to the original Samsung one
The best Samsung phone battery replacements for the Galaxy S7
3 – MAXBEAR Galaxy S7 Battery
- 🍁 Each Galaxy S8 Active battery comes with a special chip to protect your smart phone...
- 🍁 This Battery Only Compatible with Galaxy S8 Active SM-G892 EB-BG892ABA (Not...
- 🍁 This Galaxy S8 Active replacement battery has a capacity of 4300mAh. The Battery type...
- 🍁 Easy to replace, With Use our provide tools,most people should be able to do it.
This is one of the most popular Galaxy 7 replacement batteries on the market. It is specifically designed to match the performance that is provided by the original and it features all the characteristics that we like to see in a decent battery. It boasts most of the essential quality certifications, namely the FCC, ROHS, and CE, and it is easily the top pick for any user who wants high quality at a reasonable rate.
Like all batteries in your list, the MAXBEAR S7 battery is equipped with an internal microchip whose main role is to regulate power output and ensure that the sensitive components of the unit are protected from short-circuiting, overcharging, and overheating. Furthermore, the battery is compatible with a wide array of s7 carries. The list includes prominent ones such as G930V, G930A, G930T, and G930P among many others.
Since build quality and durability are the primary concerns every time you are dealing with an entry-level product, you will be glad to know that this battery is one of the sturdiest and more reliable options that we have reviewed. To further drive this point home, the manufacturer has made the decision to back it with a generous 12-month warranty.
- The battery is equipped with great connector pins
- It has tremendous power that matches the original one
- The battery is compatible with most Samsung Galaxy S7 carriers
- The build quality is excellent for the price point
- The kit is backed by a generous 1 year warranty
- The built-in microchip protects it from electrical current issues
- This battery does not feature the temperature sensor that is found in the original
- Connecting the battery for the first time is not an intuitive process
If you want more options to choose from Galaxy S7 Battery replacement click here.
The best Samsung phone battery replacements for the Galaxy S8
4 – MAXBEAR Galaxy S8 Battery
- 【Brand New Battery 】: MAXBEAR Replacement battery for Samsung Galaxy S4 , bring life...
- 【Top Quality Battery】: Made of grade A premium battery cells, long lasting and...
- 【Compatible Models】: Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S4 and S4 active. Model: AT&T...
- 【Spare Battery Specs】: Galaxy S4 Replacement battery has a capacity of 3700mAh. The...
As one of the leading providers of good battery replacements for Samsung phones, it is only natural that MAXBEAR is represented more than once in our list. Their S8 battery is in line with all their previous offerings and its level of performance is indistinguishable from that of the factory model. In addition to its tremendous performance, the battery comes with a full set of tools that make the replacement process extremely easy and convenient. The repair tool kit is particularly comprehensive and effective considering the low price of the entire package.
As you would expect from a MAXBEAR battery, this S8 replacement is rated at a powerful 3000mAh, which enables you to get a performance that perfectly mimics the one you are getting from the original battery. Additionally, it can hold a charge longer than any other alternative in its price range.
The built-in internal microchip of this battery is another major highlight that is worth discussion. Unlike other basic models, the MAXBEAR is equipped with a highly responsive unit that is effective when it comes to regulating electrical current and adjusting it to suit the requirements of the battery. This helps protect it from a host of damaging issues that include overcharging and over-discharging, just to name a few.
- The chip that is built into the battery provides ample protection for current issues
- The package is comprehensive and reasonably priced
- It boats a decent voltage of around 3.85 V
- The battery is very easy to replace
- The battery is compatible with all Samsung Galaxy S8 versions
- The package is backed by a great warranty
- The back glass-cover is easily damaged when the phone is disassembled
- It does not come with enough instructions
The best Samsung phone battery replacements for the Galaxy S9
5 – JALLZ Replacement Battery for Samsung Galaxy S9+ S9 Plus
As smartphone batteries become more complex and advanced, finding an affordable replacement that can replicate their performance is getting increasingly difficult. Fortunately for Samsung S9 users, this unit stands out as one of the few options that have managed to successfully achieve this task. While this manufacturer does not have the same track record as the previous brands that we reviewed in this article, we can safely state that their battery replacement for the Galaxy S9 is outstanding. It is rated at 3500mAh and it is so far the best one on the market.
As it is the case with any modern phone battery, the JALLZ comes with a great chip that contributes to shielding the unit from overcharging and overheating. Furthermore, it employs the latest lithium Ion technology that is effective in boosting the overall output of the battery. Compared to the original S9 battery from Samsung, the drop off in quality is almost negligible, and considering the very low price, this option is a no-brainer pick for any S9 user who wants a high-performing yet affordable battery replacement.
- The performance of this replacement is comparable to the original battery
- It is compatible with all S9 and S9+ versions
- It employs an advanced lithium Ion technology that guarantees a superior performance
- The slim design makes replacing it extremely easy
- It offers a great deal of value for a very low price
- It can hold a charge longer than its immediate competition
- It does not come with a lot of instructions or detailed spec description
- The package does not include repair tools
If you were considering changing your phone just because you are having trouble with the battery, then there is absolutely no need for that. The difference in features and overall performance between old and new phone models is becoming less evident with each passing year, and investing in a new model is no longer the smartest option. Getting a replacement battery for your phone can extend its lifespan and saves you the hundreds of dollars that you would need to spend on a new one.
Last update on 2021-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API