The Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge was one of the first smartphones with a dual-curved display. It had an attractive design with a pretty strong performance. However, the only drawback was poor battery performance.
Right out of the box, the battery capacity was 2600mAh only, 200mAh smaller than the battery in the Galaxy S5. The new screen would eat up most of the power, and with medium usage, the battery would barely last throughout the day.
With years of constant use, the battery life worsens. Now, you can either look for a replacement battery or get a new phone altogether. For those of you who need a replacement battery, this guide is for you.
How to Choose the Best Battery Replacement
You can find the best battery replacement for your Galaxy S6 Edge in the stores or even online. But how would you decide if it is best for your phone? Here are certain factors to look out for:
The original battery capacity of a Galaxy S6 Edge is just 2600mAh. You must purchase a replacement battery with a capacity near to that of the original battery, so that it is compatible with your mobile phone.
However, higher-capacity batteries may or may not be good for your phone. Poor quality batteries with a high capacity may cause heating issues or drain quickly. But if the replacement battery is of a high quality and high capacity, it may have an integrated chip to protect itself from overheating and over-discharging.
The replacement battery must be certified by the FCC, RoHS or CE. If not, your replacement battery might not be authentic and up to the standards. This may cause more harm to your mobile phone and is not recommended.
It is highly recommended that your replacement battery has a warranty period. In case the battery is defective or causes any issues within the warranty period, you can get it replaced for free. The longer the warranty period, the more the company trusts its product.
You can ask your friends or family about their experience with a battery replacement for their Galaxy S6 Edge.
If you are looking to purchase the battery online, you can scroll through the customer reviews section to see how good the product is.
Best Replacement Battery for Galaxy S6 Edge
1. Taeozi Li-Polymer Replacement Battery
The Taeozi Lithium Polymer replacement battery comes with a high capacity of 2800mAh. It uses Grade A+ battery cells with CE and RoHS certification.
The battery also provides more than 800 charge cycles. It is tested under quality control standards and comes with an in-built integrated chip which prevents overcharging, overheating and various other battery issues.
With a design similar to that of the original battery, it is fully compatible with your Galaxy S6 Edge. It also comes with an 18-month warranty.
It is compatible for the following S6 Edge models –
- It is a Lithium Polymer Battery
- Comes with an in-built integrated chip to prevent battery issues.
- Comes with a toolkit for easier battery replacement.
- 18-month warranty.
- High capacity replacement battery 2800mAh.
- Last for more than 800 charge cycles.
- Has Grade A+ battery cells.
- Reasonable cost.
- No cons.
2. SNSOU 2700mAh Replacement Battery
- SNSOU Google Pixel Battery perfectly matches the specifications of your original Google...
- Manufacturing upgrades deliver improved overheating protection and other safety features...
- This battery Only compatible with HTC Google Pixel 5" 35H00261-00M G-2PW410 Nexus S1.
- Long-Lasting Replacement Battery, matches the 48 hour standby endurance of a fully...
The SNSOU replacement battery comes with a capacity of 2700mAh, just 100mAh more than the original. This battery also comes with an integrated chip to prevent various battery issues such as overheating, over charging or over-discharging.
The SNSOU battery also has CE, FCC and RoHS certificates. It is also made from A+ battery cells. They also offer a 36-month warranty for the battery.
It is compatible with all the wireless carrier models of the Galaxy S6 Edge.
- SM-G925R4(U.S. Cellular)
- SM-G925F(International version)
Always confirm your phone model before you purchase the replacement battery.
- Lithium Polymer Battery
- Comes with an integrated chip to protect the battery from overheating, over charging or over-discharging.
- It also comes with a toolkit to make the replacement process easier and quicker.
- High capacity of 2700mAh.
- Comes with a 36-month warranty.
- Compatible with all wireless carrier models.
- Grade A+ battery cells used
- Certified by the CE, FCC and RoHS.
- No Cons
How to replace?
If your battery performance in your Galaxy S6 Edge is deteriorating, you can just replace the battery rather than purchasing a new phone. This might be a cheap solution to get your phone to last all day like before. So what are you waiting for? Head over to the store and get your replacement battery!
Last update on 2021-02-24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API