Are you having a hard time with your Google Pixel 2 battery? Is the battery taking way too long to charge? Or is it not charging at all? Or probably the battery is flushing out way sooner? Battery heating issues can also be indicative of battery problems you need to troubleshoot right away.
The battery is the powerhouse of your Google Pixel 2, and a bad in place battery can bring down your phone performance to very low; so if you have been facing these issues without a fix, it’s probably time for a battery replacement to juice up your Google Pixel 2.
About Google Pixel 2
Second to the Pixel series straight from the Android owner and developer, Google is the Google Pixel 2. With this, you can capture and store the picture frames just better. The smart camera of Google Pixel 2 is its main highlight that clicks beautiful pictures both in the daylight and nighttime. The performance gets better with a fast-charging battery and the in-built Google Assistant.
- Colors Available: Black, Kinda Blue, White
- Material: Metal unibody Aluminium frame
- Operating System: Android OS, v.8.0.0 (Oreo)
- Variant 1:
- 0-inch display with Cinematic 127 mm display
- 16:9 FHD (1920 x 1080) AMOLED at 441ppi
- 5D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5
- Full-time fullscreen display 5.”
- Variant 2:
- Fullscreen 6” display / Full Screen 152 mm display
- QHD+ (2880 x 1440) pOLED at 538ppi 18:9
- 3D Corning® Gorilla® Glass 5 on top
- Full-time fullscreen display 6.”
- Memory & Storage: Internal storage: 64GB or 128GB
- 0” Weight: 143 gm and Dimensions: 145.7 x 69.7 x 7.8 mm
- 0” Weight: 175 gm and Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9 mm
- Rear camera:
- 2MP 1.4μm Laser Autofocus + dual pixel phase detection
- Optical + electronic image stabilization
- f/1.8 aperture
- Front Camera:
- 8 MP 1.4μm f/2.4 aperture Fixed focus
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 835
- 35Ghz + 1.9Ghz, 64Bit Octa-Core
- Adreno 540
- Sensors: Android Sensor Hub, Active Edge, Barometer, Hall effect sensor, Proximity / Ambient light sensor, Accelerometer / Gyrometer, Magnetometer, Pixel Imprint – Back-mounted fingerprint sensor for fast unlocking, Advanced x-axis haptics for sharper/defined response
- Variant 1:
The Pixel 2 is juiced up by a powerful 2700 mAh Li-Ion non-removable battery optimized to last up to approx. Twenty-five hours of Usage time on AOD off. With quick charging support, you get 7 hours of runtime with just 15 minutes of charge.
How to replace the Pixel 2 battery?
Step 1: Open up the phone
- If you have a broken display, avoid further damage while opening the phone by holding back the screen softly. Using a suction cup will be the right choice.
- Apply the suction cup close to the volume button on the edge of the phone and avoid curved edges. (The suction cup doesn’t make good contact with the curved edges)
- Next, apply pull force on the suction cup to separate the front panel and the rear case.
- Once done with Step 1, carefully lay down the display on top of the rear case to ensure no crease or tear of the display ribbon cable.
- Then, remove the 4.0 mm T5 screws that hold the display cable bracket.
- Once screws are removed, remove the display cable bracket.
- Use an opening tool to remove the midframe near the hold button.
- Hold up the midframe to create a gap between the midframe and phone case.
- Lift the midframe carefully from the bottom up end first.
- Use a flat end spudger to disconnect the charging assembly along with the connector.
- Hold the charging assembly away and apply pressure to pull out the battery. Be careful not to damage the ribbon cables beneath.
- To install a new battery, use the spudger to remove any sticking adhesive from the phone and clean the glued areas with isopropyl alcohol and clean cloth.
- Attach the new battery with adhesive or double-sided adhesive tape. Remember to position it correctly and apply the new adhesive on to the phone and not directly to the battery. Also, the adhesive should not stick to any cables underneath the battery.
- Press on to the battery for 30 seconds to ensure a tight fit.
Best Google Pixel 2 battery replacement
- Type:Li-Polymer /Capacity:2700mAh /Volts:3.85V
- Faster delivery, Dimension:61.12 x 57.52 x 4.40mm
- Tested with strict quality control standard, Certified by CE, FCC, RoHS.
- Grade A cells ensure fast charges and low power consumption; Built-in circuit protection...
- Rapid---Deliver from California warehouse within 2 working days
- Detail---3.85V 2700mAh Li-Polymer Battery
- Safety---FCC, CE, RoHS & ISO9001 Certified. Overcharge, over discharge, over voltage and...
- Service---12-month warrany, 7D*24H customer service
One good replacement for the Pixel 2 battery is the battery manufactured Cameron Sino Company that comes with just the same power as your original one. The battery is a Li-Polymer type battery with 2700mAh capacity and 3.85V. You can order the battery easily from Amazon for express delivery.
The dimension specifications are 61.12 x 57.52 x 4.40mm. You can rely on the battery totally, given the strict quality control standards and Certification by CE, RoHS, and FCC. The Grade A quality cells guarantee a fast charging experience like before and optimized power consumption.
There is also an added built-in circuit protection that ensures both safety and stability. What about the guarantee? Yes, you get a 2-Year long warranty and 24*7 available customer service.
With that, hope all’s well with your brand new battery replacement. Do look out for a comparison between the previous battery performance and the replacement performance for any issues. If you face any troubles, do reach out to community channels and authorized personnel for help.
Last update on 2021-04-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API