Battery degradation is inevitable as smartphone batteries are designed to last for 18-24 months, depending on the usage. After a threshold of 300-500 charge cycles, battery performance starts deteriorating.
Does your life revolve around a charging socket? Does your phone shut down randomly? Does your battery plunge from 40 to 0 percent in no time? Is your device heating too often?
If your answer is a big ‘yes’, you have landed on the right article.
To save yourself from charging cables, you can either buy a brand new smartphone or opt for a battery replacement.
“Moto G5 Plus is the king of budget smartphones of its time.” – Marques Brownlee (MKBHD)
Your choice in smartphones shows your love for the best and cost-effective options. This article is tailored for you as it will take you through the best, budget-friendly Moto G5 Plus battery replacements.
What to Look For While Buying a Battery Replacement?
Battery replacement is the best way to prolong your phone’s lifespan by 18-24 months. However, it could prove lethal if not done properly.
Here’s a list of factors you must keep in mind while upgrading your smartphone battery:-
- The battery must be certified by safety compliance bodies such as RoHS, FCC, and CC.
- OEM certified products are always one of the best deals.
- The replacement battery should be compatible with your Moto G5 Plus model – XT1687, XT1680, XT1684, XT1685
- 3000mAh capacity is ideal for Moto G5 Plus.
- Higher capacity batteries can also be used but make sure they suit the device.
- The difficulty level of battery installation in a Moto G5 Plus is moderate. It can be done in 21 steps within 45mins – 1 hour.
- Be careful as non-renewable battery installation requires some level of expertise.
- A battery Installation toolkit is a must for Moto G5 Plus.
- Warranty is an essential service to be extra-secure.
Best Moto G5 Plus Battery Replacements
1) AexPower’s SHENMZ 3000mAh Lithium-Ion Battery
AexPower’s SHENMZ battery is undoubtedly the best on our list owing to its power-packed specifications.
AexPower’s battery is an energy monster, lasting over 500 repeated charge cycles. It has passed strict quality control standards. This battery is CE, RoHS certified, and uses Grade A+ battery cells.
It is designed to protect your smartphone from overheating, over-charging, over-discharging, and short-circuit issues. The after-purchase service is commendable with a 2-year warranty period and a 100% money-back guarantee.
This battery comes with a failproof built-in IC that monitors temperature and input to provide extra safety.
- Compatible devices
- Over 500 repeated charge cycles
- Grade A+ battery cells.
- RoHS, CE certified.
- Protects from charging issues.
- 2-year warranty
- Replacement and full-refund assurance.
- Less expensive from others on the list.
2) Swark Lithium-polymer 2800mAh Battery
- Capacity: 2800mAh - Voltage: 3.8V , 10.64Wh
- Compatible Part Numbers: HG40
- Compatible model NO.: Motorola Moto G5 Plus XT1684 XT1685 XT1687. Before your make the...
- Please send us a picture if you find any package damaged.no instructions, there're lots of...
The second on our list is Swark Lithium-polymer Battery. It is packed with 2800mAh energy backup.
A free installation kit is provided along and the battery ensures a hassle-free replacement. Their 30-day money-back guarantee along with their warranty period of 1 year will keep you extra secured.
- Compatible devices
- Free Installation kit
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- 1-year warranty
- No certifications mentioned
- Lower battery capacity
3) X-Longer Lithium – polymer 2800mAh Battery
- This battery is specially designed for Motorola Moto G5 Plus XT1684 XT1685 XT1687...
- The battery comes with high quality repairing tools and 3M adhesive tapes, no instructions...
- If the product you received is broken, crashed or dented, please do not install it in your...
- Installation videos could be found on the internet like YouTube.
Last on our list is X-longer Lithium-polymer battery. It comes with a lower capacity than the original with a 2800mAh battery backup.
This battery is ISO9001, RoHS, and CE certified.
- Compatible Devices
- Moto G5 Plus Dual Sim
- Moto G5 Plus Dual Sim TD-LTE
- ISO9001, RoHS, and CE certified.
- Highly compatible
- Lower battery backup
- No warranty details
- No installation kit
AexPower’s SHENMZ lithium-ion battery is by far the best option.
Its smart design keeps over-charging, over-discharging, and other issues at bay. This battery takes safety up a notch with its built-in temperature monitor.
Greater charge cycles, safety certifications, and an impressive warranty make it the best fit for your Moto G5 Plus.
It is the best cost-effective, feature-loaded battery replacement.
Bonus: A Simple Tip to Avoid Battery Degradation.
The average time people spend on their smartphones is skyrocketing. Everyone wants their batteries to last longer and one wants to carry around their charging cables everywhere they go..
After a battery replacement, you must ensure your smartphone is in a better condition to avoid more frequent battery replacements.
The lithium-ion battery is not the actual culprit when it comes to battery degradation. It is our habits that result in its decay.
How we use our smartphones matters the most.
- The magic of partial recharge:- Are you still buying the myth of completely draining your battery and then charging it to 100%? This practice gradually kills your battery.
Battery University stresses the importance of a partial recharge – A partial discharge reduces stress and prolongs battery life and so does a partial charge.
Other practices include using the original charger, not using your phone while charging, avoid covering your phone when on a recharge cycle, etc.
These simple practices can ensure the longevity of your smartphone battery.
Last update on 2021-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API