Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 was among the best tablets available in the market during the year of its launch. It was available in two versions – a compact 8-inch model and a bigger 9.7-inch model. The Galaxy Tab S2 was a fierce competitor of Apple iPad Mini 4.
Being one of the thinnest and lightest tablets available, the battery capacity was 4000mAh, which provided an average usage of up to 14 hours on a full charge.
However, with years of use, the battery performance of the Tab S2 is bound to become worse.
With newer premium tablets costing more than $500, getting a replacement for your tablet, might not be ideal. So, what can you do?
You can instead purchase a battery replacement for your Galaxy Tab S2, thus making your old tablet just as good as new.
However, before you purchase a battery for your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, you need to decide which battery replacement is the best for you.
How to Choose the Best Battery Replacement
With increasing daily usage, any smartphone or tablet battery performance may degenerate. You can always find replacement batteries in authentic service centers, mobile repair stores, and even online. Here are certain factors to look for when choosing the best replacement battery for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 –
While the original Samsung battery had a capacity of 4000mAh, you need to find a replacement battery with the same, or even slightly higher, capacity. A very low or high capacity battery may not be ideal for your tablet.
The replacement battery must be certified by the FCC, RoHS or CE. If not, the battery may not be up to industrial standards, and could be harmful to your tablet.
Any replacement battery you purchase should come with at least a one year warranty. If you run into any battery issues within one year from the purchase, you can get a free replacement. If the company provides a longer warranty period, it means that they are confident that the battery will last longer.
If you want to purchase a replacement battery online, always check customer reviews before finalizing the order. Customers who have had a bad experience or a really good experience with the product will surely leave their reviews for the same, online.
Best Battery Replacement for Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
1. NewPower99 Battery Kit
- 3900 mAh Battery - Guaranteed for One Full Year!
- Compatible with Samsung GALAXY Tab S2 8.0 Tablet. Models SM-T710, SM-T713, SM-T715,...
- Includes Step by Step Video Instructions, Special Electronics Tools, and Long Lasting...
- How-To Video shows you exactly how to open your device with the included electronics...
The NewPower99 Battery Kit not only comes with a battery, but also comes with videos and tools that help make the replacement process easier. It has a Lithium-Polymer battery with a capacity of 3900mAh.
They provide a one-year warranty and money-back guarantee for this replacement kit.
- It is a Lithium-Polymer battery
- One Year Warranty and Money Back guarantee
- Comes with tools and videos to make the replacement process easier.
- Quite expensive compared to other products
2. MPF Tablet Battery
- Replacement for the Following Battery Model/Part Numbers: EB-BT710ABA, EB-BT710ABC,...
- Compatible with the Following Samsung Galaxy Tablet Models: Galaxy Tab S2 8.0, Galaxy Tab...
- 3.8V 3900mAh 14.82Wh Lithium-Polymer Rechargeable Battery Pack.
- Includes Free Installation Tools.
The MPF Tablet Battery for Samsung Galaxy comes with a capacity of 3900mAh. It is a Lithium-Polymer rechargeable battery.
This replacement battery also comes with free installation tools to make your work easier.
It is compatible with various Galaxy Tab S2 models –
- Reasonable cost
- One year replacement warranty
- Lithium-Polymer Battery
- Comes with free installation tools for easier replacement process
- No Cons
3. ZTHY Li-ion Tablet Battery
- 【Battery type】Li-polymer. Battery Color:White. Voltage: 3.8V. Capacity: 4200mAh.
- 【Replace Part Number】EB-BT355ABA EB-BT355ABE
- 【Compatible Models】 Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0, GALAXY TAB A 8.0 LTE, GALAXY TAB A 8.0...
- 【Security】All ZTHY products are Certified by CE, FCC for safety. Strict guidelines for...
The ZTHY Li-ion Tablet Battery comes with a capacity of 4200mAh, the highest out of the three listed in this guide. This battery is certified by the CE and FCC.
It is compatible with various Galaxy Tab S2 models such as –
- SM-T355 (3G, 4G/LTE & WiFi)
- SM-P350 (WiFi w/ S-Pen)
ZTHY also provides a 30 day refund with a 12 month replacement period.
- Reasonable price
- Certified by the CE and FCC
- Low Power Consumption IC design
- High capacity of 4200mAh
- Comes with installation tools
- Lithium-ion battery
- No cons
For just about $20, you could get a battery replacement for your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, whereas purchasing a new tablet may cost you a couple of hundred bucks. If your tab is in good condition, besides the poor battery performance, all you need to do is purchase a replacement battery and you are good to go!
Last update on 2021-03-04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API