Samsung Gear S2 became the new definition of premium Android Smartwatches as soon as its release in 2015.
It is packed with a 4GB storage along with 512Mb RAM. Its sleek design, circular bezel interface, and super amoled display make it a popular choice even today. The elegant, futuristic, and appealing design make it even harder to take it off our wrist.
Samsung Gear S2 has not lost its fire even after five years of its release. It still remains a good choice among Android Smartwatch fans.
So, what’s your excuse for replacing this smartwatch?
Why would you replace your smartwatch when you can easily replace its battery?
Gear S2 is powered with a 250mAh lithium-ion battery. Lithium-ion batteries decay over time as they can survive only 300-500 charge cycles.
So now you know – Your smartwatch does not need a fix its battery does.
A brand new wearable will cost you a couple of hundred bucks while a battery replacement can be done for as low as 30 U.S.dollars.
This article features the best Samsung Gear S2 battery replacements in the market.
The Buying Guide
How will I navigate through the crowded battery replacement market?
If this thought concerns you, we have your back!
This comprehensive buying guide will tell you what to look for while buying a battery replacement.
- Capacity: Capacity is the most important factor in battery replacements. The battery capacity must be the same as the original.
Higher battery capacity is surely impressive but make sure it is compatible with your wearable.
- Installation: Swapping Samsung’s Gear S2 battery is easy, though installation must be done with necessary tools and a battery replacement guide to avoid damage.
- Warranty: Even the best batteries can sometimes turn faulty. To save yourself from losing money on faulty batteries make sure your purchase comes with good warranty service.
Best Samsung Gear S2 Battery Replacements
1) DDONG 300mAh Battery
- IMPORTANT NOTE: At the first beginning, the battery will drain quickly, this issue is...
- COMPATIBLE MODEL: Samsung Gear S2 R730 SM-R730A SM-R730V SM-R600 SM-R730S SM-R730T,...
- EQUAL TO YOUR ORIGINAL BATTERY: DDONG Replacement Battery perfectly matches the...
- USEFUL REMINDER: It is recommended to fully drain and fully charge the battery especially...
DDONG tops the battery replacement chart owing to its 20% extra energy backup and some top-notch battery specifications. 300mAh battery capacity, wider compatibility, high-quality aluminum casing, and its ultimate protective cover are some more reasons it tops the list. It promises a long-lasting battery life with up to 500 charge cycles.
The installation toolkit makes the replacement even easier. It also offers a 1-year battery warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 20% higher battery capacity
- 500 charge cycles.
- High-quality aluminum casing
- Compatibility with most variants of Samsung Gear S2
- Overheat, over-charge, over-discharge, anti-current, and short-circuit protection.
- Free installation toolkit.
- Amazing warranty
- The cheapest battery on our list.
2) oGoDeal 300mAh Lithium-ion Battery
- oGoDeal Samsung Gear S2 3G Battery is a Li-ion battery with good performance.It's...
- Battery Type: Voltage:3.8V Capacity: 300mAh
- Compatible Model:Samsung Gear S2 3G R730 and Gear S2 Classic and Gear S2 Sport R735 and...
- Compatible Part number:EB-BR730ABE
oGodeal is placed second on our list but it is nevertheless a close contender.
oGoDeal offers 20% more battery capacity than the original. This battery is light-weight, durable, and is compatible with most variants of Samsung Gear S2. oGodeal also offers 6 months of after-sales service covering your warranty issues. The high-quality installation ensures a damage-free replacement.
- 20% higher battery capacity
- Compatibility with other variants of Samsung Gear S2
- 6 months of after-sales service
- High-quality installation toolkit
DIY Battery Replacement Guide
Now that you have a choice in mind, it’s time to pull-up your sleeves and turn on the DIY mode. Samsung Gear S2 battery is easy to replace. It would hardly take 20 minutes to swap the battery with a new one. This is a brief replacement guide. Refer to a complete Samsung Gear S2 replacement guide online to avoid any damages.
Step 1:- Opening the case:
Use a suitable screwdriver to remove all the four screws located at the back of your wearable. Now, gently push forward both the straps one after the other. Hold the case with care, insert an opening tool between the case, and pry off the back.
Step 2:- Removing motherboard and the battery
Remove the screws mounted on either side of a cable. With the help of a spudger remove the (three) cables placed on the motherboard. Now, you can gently remove the motherboard using the flat end of the spudger. Do not detach the motherboard completely. Now, remove the malfunctioning battery from its case.
Step 3:- Swapping the new battery
Insert the new battery, place the motherboard back to its original place. Put everything back together and tighten all the screws.
DDONG’s battery replacement is the most promising on our list. It is an energy beast, lasting up to 500 charge cycles. It offers more features than its competitors at the lowest price. This makes it the most affordable and feature-loaded battery replacement.
Last update on 2021-05-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API