If you are searching the web for a 100ah lithium battery and would like some general information before buying, you have come to the right place!
There’s no denying the lithium battery’s meteoric rise in popularity over the decades. Lithium has come up in numerous conversations about 12V accessory power, especially when the topic turns to good value-for-money upgrades.
There are a number of factors that have contributed to the 100ah lithium battery’s meteoric rise in popularity. Lithium batteries have many advantages over their lead-acid counterparts. These include their higher power density, lower weight, greater usable capacity, longer lifespan, higher normal cycle count, and more flexible form factors.
What is an amp hour (ah) in a 100ah lithium battery?
Battery packs are rated in terms of their current output in Amp-hours (ah) units, which are relevant when making a purchase. Current, or the rate at which electricity flows through a conductor, is measured in Amperes (Amps).
The capacity of a 100ah lithium battery is indicated by the (ah) designation, which refers to the number of amp-hours (amps) that the battery can supply for one hour.
HIGHEST QUALITY 100AH LITHIUM BATTERY ON AMAZON
TGHY 1000-100AH 12V Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery LiFePO4 Battery 12V Lithium Ion Battery Pack Built-in BMS Lithium Battery Pack Rechargeable Battery 3000 Cycle Perfect for RV
- Built-in BMS 12V Deep cycle battery protect it from overcharge, over-discharge, over-current, and short circuit with excellent low self-discharge rate. Suitable for electric energy storage.Life span of up to 10 years.Come with Charger!
- 100AH, 150AH, 200AH, 300AH, 400AH, 500AH, 600AH, 800AH,1000AH 12V Lithium battery pack manufactured by automotive grade LiFePO4 cells with higher energy density, more stable performance and greater power. Excellent cycle performance, fast charging and discharging, charging efficiency up to 100%, and high output power.
- LiFePO4 lithium iron batteries provides 3000+ cycles. Helping to minimize replacement cost and reduce total cost of ownership. The battery can work at -20℃~60℃.
- The stable Lithium Iron Phosphate chemical structure makes LiFePO4 battery not burn even at high temperature, short circuit, impact and drop. Highest-level safety based on Testing Certificate for the cell inside the battery.
- You’re able to safely mount in any position. Perfect for simple home needs for portable battery power. Bring your family a convenient quick source of power when needed. We provides a 2-years warranty for all batteries.
Specifications of a 100ah lithium battery
Knowing the technical specifications is essential for picking a battery that will meet your needs. You do not necessarily need the biggest, heaviest, most feature-packed battery either. A battery with specs somewhere in the middle could be just what you need, and it could help you save money or upgrade brands. Let’s break this down and see what it all means for a 100ah lithium battery. Likewise, you should also read about the specifications of aa batteries, aaa batteries, and craftsman 19.2 volt battery.
Depth of discharge (DoD)
The term “depth of discharge” describes how much power is taken out of a 100ah lithium battery. For instance, if you utilize 50 Ah from a 100 Ah battery, you have drained it to 50% DoD. Discharging a 100 Ah battery to 80 Ah would be considered 80% DoD. The aforementioned scenarios are oversimplified; in reality, you may put your batteries through multiple cycles in a single day by using inverters to power appliances like coffee makers, stoves, fans, and lights.
Cycle count of 100ah lithium battery
Here’s when the statistics start to get exciting. The number of cycles a 100ah lithium battery is rated for indicates how many times it may be completely drained and then charged before it dies. One cycle would be the use of the refrigerator and LED lights to drain the battery overnight, followed by a full recharge the following day.
Maximum charge current
Most lithium batteries will also have a maximum charge current specification similar to the maximum discharge current. Although the general rule is that the lower the number, the longer the battery will survive, there are batteries on the market that claim to be able to be charged at 100 amps or more. Don’t depend too much on those numbers when buying a 100ah lithium battery.
Maximum discharge current
It indicates how much power can be extracted from the 100ah lithium battery. When operating at full power, a 1200W inverter will demand roughly 100 amps, while a winch will require between 550 and 600 amps. Your 12-volt refrigerator will draw about five amps at most.
Capacity for use
The focus of this article is narrowed to 100ah lithium battery for easy understanding. What this means is that we’re comparing citruses with citruses of varying flavors rather than citruses with bananas.
It’s also important to note that lithium-based batteries have a significantly higher practical capacity than their lead-acid predecessors. The useable capacity of a good quality AGM/Gel deep cycle battery is roughly 50%, while that of a good quality lithium battery is often between 90% and 95%.